Thursday, July 24, 2008

Central Forever!

I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the Eastern time zone. This is largely due to the fact that all the TV shows I like to watch are on entirely too late! That means I stay up later and get less sleep, resulting in a crankier, sleepier existence. I'm not sure why we're even in Eastern, really. I think it would make sense for us to be in Central, but I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere.

In other Indiana news, this has to be the mildest summer I have ever experienced in my life. I think we've only had two or three days where we hit 90. I definitely don't miss the endless weeks of over 100 degree temps that I would be facing in Texas right about now. Having four seasons is nice, even if winter does wear out its welcome quickly. I'm already looking forward to fall (except for the endless raking).

The plant in my office doesn't seem very happy. I got direct sunlight in here during the winter (on the rare days when the sun came out), but not anymore. All the leaves are desperately pointing out the window toward the angle where the light comes in. Maybe I should take it home with me and let it get back into its photosynthetic groove.

That's all I've got for now. Central Rules and Eastern Drools!

No comments: