At just about every dentist visit I can remember over the past decade or so, I've been informed that I "brush my teeth too hard." I've always brushed that information off (pardon the pun) because nobody ever bothered to tell me what the consequences were, if any. Well, my last trip to the dentist once again yielded the "you brush too hard" criticism, but this time it was followed by, "You're brushing your gums away, and they don't grow back. If it keeps getting worse, you'll have to have skin graft surgery."
Oh. Crap.
If any one of those dentists back in the day would have said as much, I'd have done something a long time ago!
So, at this dentist's recommendation, Sean and I bought a Sonicare toothbrush system. The electric toothbrush does not allow me to exert too much pressure on my teeth/gums, and it has a built-in timer to make sure we brush for the recommended two minutes.
Let me tell you something, people: two minutes of teeth brushing is an eternity. It seems like the timer will never go off. Still, the fancy expensive toothbrush does have its benefits. My teeth feel much cleaner (like they feel when you leave the dentist), they're much whiter, and my gums do look a lot healthier. Rock on.
Fall weather is coming. I say bring it on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment